Welcome to Kindergarten at Whitemarsh Elementary!
Your child will need a large backpack (it must be big enough to carry a folder and a few books) and their team color folder each day (you will get the folder at orientation, please be sure to label it with their first and last name on the front cover).
- 2 large glue sticks
- 2 black dry erase markers (Expo brand only – must specify low-odor markers)
- 1 8-pack Crayola THICK markers
- 1 8-pack Crayola THIN markers
- 1 box of 24 Crayola crayons
Please send these items to school with your child during the first week or two of school. When you send in things from home to school, it is a good idea to have your children put the item(s) in their backpack themselves. Before your children leave for school, it would also help to give them a reminder take out any item(s) and give them to me when unpacking their backpacks in the morning.
One last thing, remind your children to bring their smile, a positive attitude and their imagination to school each day!
The Kindergarten Team
First Grade Supply List 2019
- 3 thin, odorless “Expo" brand (black only) dry erase markers
- 1 pair of clean white socks (to use as erasers)
- 1 “Fiskars" brand children’s scissors
- 1 box of crayons (24 maximum)
- 1 box of colored pencils
- 1 box of “Crayola" brand thin markers
- 4 plain pocket folders (1 blue, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red) with NO BRACKETS
- 1 plastic (8" x 5") pencil box
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 box of sharpened #2 pencils
- "Staedtler" erasers (pack of 3)
- 2 large "Elmer’s" glue stick
- 1 box of "Ziploc" sandwich bags
- 1 box of "Ziploc" gallon or quart bags
- 1 ream of computer paper
Please be sure to check your teacher’s note in the summer packet for any additional supplies that your teacher may require.
Second Grade Supply List
Be sure to bring these things on the first day of school.
Individual student supplies:
2 marble composition notebooks (no rings or spirals)
4 two-pocket plastic folders (1 red, 1 blue, 1 green, and 1 yellow)
3 packs of 24-count crayons
2 small boxes of markers (8-10)
1 clean sock (to be used as an eraser for your dry erase board)
SMALL pencil box (no larger than 8” x5”)
(These will be shared communally throughout the year.)
3 packages (3 dozen) plain wood pencils, already sharpened
6 glue sticks
6 thin dry erase black markers (low-odor preferable)
1 box of tissues
1 box of gallon-sized plastic bags
1 box of sandwich-sized plastic bags
1 container Clorox wipes
1 ream of white printer paper
1 pack of post-it notes
Please note: We are asking for more supplies than needed at the start of the year. We will store and distribute the extra supplies throughout the year as needed to all contributing students. We have found that it’s a money-saver for parents to take advantage of summer supply sales by doing it this way. Please check your teacher’s note in the summer packet for any additional supplies that your teacher may require.
The Second Grade Teachers
3rd Grade Back to School Supplies List
- Sharpened pencils (8-10)
- Glue stick (1)
- Pocket folders (2)
- Thin magic markers
- Highlighters (2)
- 3 pack of post-it notes
- Dry erase eraser or a sock
- Colored pencils
- Thin dry erase markers (2)
- Pencil box
- Paper plates
- Ziploc baggies (freezer, quart, snack size)
- Clorox wipes
- Hand sanitizer and/or foam pump soap
are also appreciated.