The Colonial School District values the arts both as courses on their own and as part of the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) culture that weaves through all of Colonial's classrooms and gives students creative thinking and problem-solving skills for the future.
Come to the Colonial Community Coffee Hour on Tuesday, January 30 at 9:30 a.m., and you will:
- Hear a performance by the Plymouth Whitemarsh High School (PWHS) string ensemble as they prepare for an upcoming competition.
- View pieces from the upcoming District Art Show in April.
- See more from the art and science collaboration at Colonial Middle School.
- Find out more about a project-based lesson in a PWHS Film Appreciation Class.
- Learn how to do "close reading" using song lyrics in a lesson led by third graders.
The Colonial Community Coffee Hour runs from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the District Office General Meeting Room on the first floor of Colonial Elementary School, 230 Flourtown Road in Plymouth Meeting. The program runs between a half hour and 45 minutes, leaving time to enjoy a cup of coffee and conversation with Colonial administrators.