The mission of the Plymouth Whitemarsh High School (PWHS) Library Media Center is to provide an inviting environment, conducive to study, collaboration and research, which enables all members of the school community to become competent, effective and responsible users of information.
The library media center is a hub of activity for students doing research or looking for something interesting to read. The vision of the PWHS Library Media Center is to prepare information-literate learners who are able to determine their information needs: to locate, recognize, analyze and evaluate relevant information from a variety of sources and viewpoints, and who are able to creatively and effectively communicate the results of their research.
In pursuit of this vision, THE PWHS library MEDIA CENTER will:
- provide needed resources through a carefully selected collection of in-house and remote materials in print, audio, visual and electronic formats which address the varied ability levels, interests and the diverse population of our school community.
- work collaboratively with teachers and staff to provide relevant learning experiences which incorporate information literacy skills with classroom curriculum that help students achieve district and state academic standards.
- provide resources and learning experiences to help students develop competency in selecting, retrieving, evaluating, creating and communicating information in various formats.
- provide opportunities and programs that stimulate interest in reading and promote lifelong learning.
- work to anticipate and incorporate trends in library and information science and in education.