Cutting-edge technology, dedicated faculty and an exemplary curriculum focused on 21st century skills and post secondary success make Plymouth Whitemarsh one of the best high schools in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Plymouth Whitemarsh High School has a long history of providing outstanding academic, technical, co-curricular and extra-curricular programs for students.
- More than 230 courses, including more than 25 Advanced Placement (AP) courses (often the most offered by any high school in the county) and more than 40 honors level courses.
- A technical education program through the Central Montco Technical High School.
- Technology-rich classrooms: Videoconferencing technology brings the world to PWHS students through activities such as a narrated autopsy and conversations with noted authors. The school’s wireless capacity enables students’ daily use of laptops and "Bring Your Own Device."
- Computer labs to help facilitate the study of world languages, technology enhanced math instruction and a broad array of computer programming, music theory and composition and digital media courses such as animation, video production, digital imaging and graphic design.
- State-of-the-art classroom laboratories in the modern science wing that are home to new forensic science and engineering courses, and students are applying skills learned in their science and technology courses in competitions such as the Science Olympiad and First Robotics.
- More than 70 clubs and activities, including community service, the arts, academics, student government, cultural awareness and more.
- A rich tradition in athletics that includes three PIAA Boys’ Basketball Championships, a PIAA Baseball Championship, two individual PIAA Wrestling Championships and numerous individual state championships in swimming, boys’ and girls’ track and field and winter track. The Girls’ Basketball team also has advanced to the PIAA Finals and the cheerleading squad has won regional and national championships. PWHS sponsors 30 interscholastic teams, 15 each for boys and for girls.