Conshohocken Elementary students visit the library on a weekly rotation to learn library and technology skills, hear about great books to read and to check out books. In addition, to their weekly class checkout time, students may visit the library to check out books any day of the week during homeroom with permission from a teacher.
- Kindergarten & First Grade: 1 book
Students are encouraged to check out one book that is appropriate for their reading and interest level.
- Second Grade & Third Grade: 2 books
Students may check out two books appropriate to their reading and interest level.
The check-out period for all books is one week. Books may be renewed for longer periods.
CARE AND RESPONSIBILITY
At the beginning of each school year, students from kindergarten to third grade are instructed about the care and responsibility of checking out books. Here are some of the ideas that were discussed:
- Store your library books in your school bag when they are not being read.
- Wash your hands before reading.
- Take good care of your books; no ripping pages, coloring on the pages, no cutting out pictures.
- Do not eat or drink around your books.