Policies and Procedures
Students may check out up to three books at a time; students are encouraged to check out at least one book that is appropriate for their reading level. The check-out period for most items is six days (items are due next library class). Books may be renewed for longer periods. Fines are not charged for overdue books. However, lost or damaged books must be paid for.
CARE AND RESPONSIBILITY
At the beginning of each school year, students discuss book care and their responsibilities when checking out books. Some of the ideas that are reviewed:
- Designate a special spot to store your library books at home (choose a spot that younger siblings or pets can't reach).
- Wash your hands before reading.
- Do not eat or drink while reading.
- Always put your book in its special spot after you get through reading.
- Keep your library books at home or school (don't take the books to homes of friends or relatives).
- Use your backpack to transport your books (rain puddles and books don't mix).
Contact the Librarian
Mrs. Dell Dimmerling
Library Media Specialist
Click here to send an e-mail to the librarian, or call
610-941-0426, ext. 2380