Welcome Back from the Food Service Department!
Some tasty tidbits for your information......
- Menus can be found online under the Food Services section of the school website, or by asking Alexa. Visit: info.nutrislice.com/alexa to enable the free Alexa skill.
- All menus are planned by a Registered Dietitian and meet nutritional guidelines as per state and federal regulations. We pride ourselves on serving fresh local produce as well as baked items in place of fried. Milk is low fat or non fat and is rBSTfree. Whole grains make up greater than 50% of our grain offerings. Our cooks will be introducing some new scratch cooked recipes this year!
- Please remind your children that taking a fruit or vegetable with each meal is required according to federal guidelines.
- Free and reduced price meals are available to qualifying families. Please visit our school website for the link to apply online, or apply directly at www.schoolcafe.com. If hard copies are required, please contact the Food Service Office at 610-834-1670 extension 8207.
- Breakfast is available every day in all schools. Please contact your building for specific times. Students who qualify for free or reduced price meals also qualify for free or reduced price breakfast. Research shows that eating school breakfast can help improve health, concentration, and even test scores!
- A la carte items are offered daily in addition to meals; please refer to the website for pricing.
- Payments to lunch accounts can be made by sending check or cash to the cafeteria, or by using my school bucks at www.myschoolbucks.com.
- Our district is progressing with implementing finger scanning technology for meal purchases in efforts to reduce waiting time in lines. You should receive separate communication regarding this feature in the near future, including an option to opt out.
- You can customize your child's meal account with messages or spending limits. A Parent Preference Form is available on the Food Service section of the website. You may also contact the cafeteria manager directly with restrictions.
- High school students may pre-order freshly made customizable sandwiches and/or salads from the Grand Greenery. The Pre order form is available on the school website and will allow your children to bypass the lines! Alternately, scan the QR code available at the deli counter for quicker access!
- School Board Policy Meal 808.1, School Lunch/Breakfast Program Charged Meal, addresses meal charging. Please familiarize yourselves with this policy. It can be found on the school website under School Board and Policies. Please contact the Food Service office at 610-834-1670 extension 8207 if a hard copy is required.
- School Board Policy 220 on Student Wellness outlines our Local School Wellness Policy. This can be found online, and all stakeholders and community members are invited to participate in the implementation and/or review of the policy by requesting to be a part of the Wellness Committee. Please contact Lori McCoy at 610-834-1670 extension 8205 if interested, or if a hard copy is required.
- All food service employees receive rigorous food safety training and at least one employee in each kitchen is Serv-Safe Certified. Our kitchens are randomly inspected twice per year by the Montgomery County Department of Health.
- The CHOW (Colonial Helping Others Without) program has been launched! This helps ensure needy children have access to school meals. You may donate at anytime by sending cash or check to Jennifer Masorli, 4118 Franklin Way, Lafayette Hill, Pa 19444 and specifying CHOW.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU!!!