May 15, 2020
Good afternoon Class of 2020 families,
First off, special thanks to the PWHS PTSO for purchasing the two banners prominently displayed in front of the high school on Germantown Pike. We ARE very proud of this special senior class and this is another way to recognize our seniors. The Class of 2020 photo on Colonial Field will be a great keepsake...memories last forever!
As a follow up to last week's letter detailing our Commencement plans for the decorated Class of 2020, below you will find information pertaining to a special delivery set for tomorrow for all seniors. You will also find details for the upcoming diploma ceremonies.
- Friday, May 15th: There will be another special delivery for ALL seniors! Each senior (or parent/guardian) MUST be present at his or her residence between 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM. Trust me...it is THAT IMPORTANT! If no one is at the residence, our hired delivery assistants will return the package to PWHS for pick-up.
- Diploma Ceremony:
- Ceremony Information: Included with the package you will find specific details for the Class of 2020 Diploma ceremonies. It is imperative that our seniors AND parents/guardians read this thoroughly. Listed you will find your assigned date, time slot, directions and expectations for the ceremonies which will take place on May 20, 22, 26 and 27. *This is organized by Bonus Block so please do not request for a different date/time. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Ceremony Attendance: Immediate family ONLY — Parents/Guardians/Siblings (only one vehicle allowed)
- NEW!: For the FIRST year in the history of PWHS graduation ceremonies, students will be allowed to decorate his/her cap! The Class of 2020 will start this tradition! There are expectations and guidelines all seniors must follow (included with your package). Thank you to Dr. Christian, the Board of School Directors and administration for approving this.
- Graduation Contract: Please read over the entire document and sign. Our seniors represented Plymouth Whitemarsh High School with class in the hallways, during competitions, on stage and in the classroom. We are confident they will do the same during each of the layered programs we have scheduled.
- Communication: An additional message will be sent early next week as well. Please reach out to an administrator if you have any questions. We are here to support and assist.
Our primary focus is safety and we must adhere to the social distancing guidelines during each ceremony. We thank you for cooperation and support as we celebrate this special Class of 2020 together!
Dr. Jason Bacani
Principal, Plymouth Whitemarsh High School
610-825-1500 x1901; email@example.com