PW PTSO Minutes for 3-4-2020
Present at meeting: Kerry Carr, John and Gabriella Mangan; Scott Koval; Pau; Rose Williams; Gariella Mannings; C. Rinehart; Barry Bosket; Helise Weiss; Marianne McGuier ; Max Wittenberg; Donna Harris; Chris Young;; Dr.Bacani
Start- 7:01 Adjourned- 8:23
Approval of last meetings Minutes : Done through email. And again at meeting.
Treasurer’s Report: Handed out; Members would like to see the available balance on the future Treasurer’s Reports.
Student Report: Food bank Presentation
Transition Coordinator- Carol Bucci (firstname.lastname@example.org)
-Talked about online field trip permission form that is now available.
-6p-8p, May 6th looking to do a transition night for planning after high school for special needs kids. Entitlement vs Eligibility after life at high school
Course selection has been made for students-if you have any questions, please contact
March 24th 1.5 hour presentation we got former Chris Harrens -student coalition works on drug/alcohol presentation—very powerful presentation—looking forward to doing that
*Updated after meeting from Dr. Bacani:
-Senior Picnic: Thursday, June 4th at 11:15 AM on Colonial Field (after final exams)
-Maria Hahn will work with Mrs. Carr to update the website (minutes, After Party date)
-Mrs. McCoy can provide a worker to assist with the Post-Prom so we can use the ovens if needed
-We’ll post the video and “After Party” information on our Friday e-newsletter and add to the Monday Bonus Block announcements for seniors
Links to summer camps in attachments:
Rachel Colony had silver medal in Spanish Advance Category
Cheerleading camp flyer attached. Tryouts for next April 21, 22.
Art-artwork at MontCo at the high school exhibit.
National Art Honor Society had it’s induction
CSD art show on March 18th-6:30-opening reception-see flyer.
Book Club—Willing to pick up the books from your house. March 14th for pick-up.
March 11th-7-8:30 in the LGI: The Interact and Unicef clubs
March 23rd local college fair at Valley Forge Casino-sign up links attached.
May 21st College Fair
Pre-ACT for sophomores on March 28th
April 14th college planning night grades 10-12
Summer camp girls basketball – in attached flyer
Is there FBLA this year? DECA just happened. We will find out.
Girls Basketball Camp
Main Line Regional College Fair at Valley Forge Casino and Resort
Monday, March 23
Main Line Regional College Fair at Villanova University
Thursday, May 21
Pre-ACT for Sophomores
March 28th—register through College Counseling Office
College Planning Night—April 14, 2020 (All grades welcome)
Click here for link to College Planning NightInteract and Unicef Clubs
They would appreciate having you post these to the Facebook Parents of PWHS?
1) The PW Interact club will host "Real Talk: Relationships", a workshop on toxic friendships, dating and how to develop healthy relationships presented by the Laurel House in conjunction with the Conshohocken-Plymouth-Whitemarsh Rotary. The workshop, which is open to all parents, teens and anyone who works with young people, will be held on Wednesday, March 11th from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the PWHS LGI. (Flyer is attached)
2) The Interact and Unicef clubs are still collecting books for the book drive. (The description is attached)
3) We’re going to do a book pickup on Saturday, March 14th. Families can sign up here to have their donations collected from their doorstep! J
Students have artwork, ceramics and photographs on display at Montgomery County Community College High School Exhibit and 5 students had their photographs juried into the PSEA Art Show at Arcadia University (see first 3 slides for student names, etc.).
The K-12 CSD Art Show Opening Reception is on March 18th at 6:30pm (see invite attached).
The National Art Honor Society had the Induction Ceremony and Alumni Art Show Opening on February 27th. The Alumni Art Show is on display in the Gallery until March 12th (see photo attached)
Student Report: Spring sports are starting-
Mini-thon is this weekend
March 27th Freshman Formal
CoronoVirus –students are curious about contingency plans are?
Dr. Bacani: We are following state procedures—
Stay home if sick
Janitors working overtime to clean
Dr. Christian is working on a possible plan for an online classroom potential. Waiting on lead from Dept of Education.
Having more hand sanitizer available
Cover your mouth
Robotics – was in State Championships—did really well.
Bowling team went to Regionals competition
2 State Qualifiers in Wrestlers
English Teachers are taking kids to see Street Car named Desire: $225 requesting help.
Motion and 2nd—we will help out.
Snack Bar during Graduation? PTSO usually mans it but we are checking to see if we can do it this year.
Sign up for Booking Rooms should include snack bar? Dr. B will follow up.
Will send up.
THE “After Party” (formerly as Post Prom) Update
▪ 4 in attendance—WE NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!!! PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP PLAN, PARTICIPATE, PRE OR POST
▪ Meeting with students—would like think increased attendance if we had flexible timing of how long we had to stay; is it allowed to leave early?
▪ Survey went out regarding transportation –half of the students so far said they would be interested in transportation.
▪ Mr. Young: This is Growing more organically, so he thinks we should keep doing it. Maybe smaller and let it grow from there.
▪ We gave out flyers at Disney Parent Night, and there was some video wasn’t shown.
▪ Maybe we can show to students on Monday?
▪ Mr. Young: it can take time but keep trying
▪ Rose: Still thinks we have time to put this together, and we have made great effort to make this available.
▪ We have a committee –
▪ Flexibility about time about coming and going? Yes we have to bring awareness about the event both for volunteers and for the event
▪ If you leave prematurely we call your parents
▪ Driving after Curfew—Whitemarsh police also know about this.
▪ Post video on newsletter
▪ Instagram it gets out more to students—MAX will market with Prom
▪ What about a sock hop? Or something of smaller scale
▪ We need to entice them so maybe get instaStories
▪ Charter buses (need sign up)
▪ April -meeting before PTSO
▪ Bus line will cancel 21 days in advance
▪ We have money to pay for 2 buses, will the grant cover that?
▪ We will put it down for the grant request the DJ, Buses, Magician, Chick-Fil-A and adjust later
▪ Central Location in Cafeteria
▪ Make it part of your Final 5 Senior Farewell Experience
▪ Disney Trip
▪ After Prom
▪ Senior Picnic
Chairs need to be decided:
1) Food -Donna; most food donated last year- buy chick-fil-A
2) Music -DJ Barry
Upcoming Events involving PTSO Volunteers:
Additional Topics/Questions from the floor
Need date for Senior Picnic
Next Meeting: 4-1-2020
Plymouth Whitemarsh High School
Open Gym Nights
Tryouts are open to anyone that will be in 9th-12th grade
and will be attending PWHS in the Fall of 2020
Evaluations/Tryout week will be
April 20th, 2020 5pm-9pm
April 21st, 2020 5pm-9pm
April 22nd, 2020 Final Eval. 5pm-9pm
Please bring your signed booklet, Wear shorts, sneakers and Tee-shirt
For more information and to receive the rule Booklet. Please contact Mrs T- 610-535-1907
PLYMOUTH WHITEMARSH HIGH SCHOOL
CHEERLEADING 2020 YouthSUMMER CAMP
2 DAYS OF CHEER, CHANTS, DANCE, AND LOTS OF
FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN
Camp will be held at PW in LGI
( LOCATED ON Colonial Drive Next to the Church)
Dates: August 13th 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Dates: August 14thth 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
$55.00 FOR ALL 2 DAYS ( includes Tee Shirt)
ALL AGES ARE WELCOME… COME WITH A GROUP OR BY YOURSELF
No Experience Necessary
BRING YOUR LUNCH Each Day
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE E-Mail
For more information please call MRS T
LEAVE A MESSAGE AND WE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL
THIS SUMMER CAMP IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE-SPACE IS VERY LIMITED
TO REGISTER PLEASE FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION FORM AND RETURN WITH YOUR PAYMENT ASAP
PWCC SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION FORM
ARE YOU COMING BY YOUSELF OR WITH A SQUAD_______________SQUAD NAME_____________________AMOUNT ENCLOSED:_________ SHIRT SIZE : YM ,YL, ADULT- SM, Med, LG, XLG ( PLEASE CIRCLE ONE) ALL CHECKS SHOULD BE MADE OUT TO PWCC
PLEASE MAIL TO: Mrs. T-715 Clover Lane
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462