Peaceful Living, Indian Creek Foundation, and Souderton Area School District are excited to present
Mapping the Future: 2021 Virtual Three-Part Session
Registration and Information
- Register once for all three sessions.
- Open to all families of students with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The event will focus on ages 14-21, but our event is open to kindergarten+.
- The event is free and open to any school district. Registration includes a workbook binder that can be delivered to you.
- Click here to register.
Session 1: January 26, 2021 from 6-7:30 PM
PART I: CASTING VISION AND SUPPORTS
- Hopes of parents
- Dreams of students
- Vision of the future
PART II: SUPPORTS COORDINATION AND ADVOCACY
- What makes a great SC?
- Timelines for different age groups
- SCs vs. an advocate
- IEP vs. ISP
Session 2: February 9, 2021 from 6-7:30 PM
PART III: FUNDING AND FINANCIALS
- Types of waivers
- Special needs trusts
- Medicaid / Medicare
- Working while receiving benefits
- Non-eligibility for waivers
- Power of Attorney vs guardianship
Session 3: February 23, 2021 from 6-7:30 PM
PART IV: SUPPORT FOR YOUR FUTURE
- Types of services
- Behavior support
- Support from your school district
- Connecting back to your vision
For additional information, click here to e-mail Laura Housely with questions.