Fun facts about the PWHS Class of 2019
Three hundred and forty Plymouth Whitemarsh High School (PWHS) students received their diplomas at commencement ceremonies on June 12.
Here are some fun facts about the graduating class:
- More than one third of the class, or 37 percent, will graduate with a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 or higher.
- More than 86 percent are continuing their education, 71.7 percent to a four-year school and 14.8 percent at a two-year school.
- Nine students are enlisting in the military.
- Members of the PWHS Class of 2019 are receiving scholarships and grants totaling more than $18 million over four years.
- The class includes two National Merit Scholarship Finalists, three Commended Scholars and three National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars.
- The most popular girl's name is Ashley (there are six).
- There are six boys named David, Matthew, and Nicholas, making it a three-way tie for the most popular boy's name.
- The Class of 2019 has eight sets of twins and one set of triplets.
- Twenty-eight student-athletes have signed to continue competing in college.
- Twenty students will be going directly into the workforce.
Congratulations and good luck to the PWHS Class of 2019!