On Thursday, August 6, the Colonial School Board conducted a special Board meeting and voted to begin the 2020-2021 school year in an online format for all students until November 30, 2020. The first day of instruction will remain August 31 for most students. The first day for kindergartners will still be September 8. Click here to view a copy of Thursday's presentation. The District's continued goal is to keep students and staff safe during this challenging time.
Administrators and staff have been working throughout the summer to develop improved online schedules, curriculum and virtual learning supports for remote learning. This fall, schedules will include more synchronous (live) teaching as well as small group and individual instruction, student collaboration and group work, and grades/assessments.
Colonial staff has participated in professional development this summer specifically dedicated to improving virtual programming and will continue training this month. The teachers are dedicated to ensuring the success of all of our students, regardless of the format in which they see them.
Over the next two weeks, the district administration and school principals will be sharing specific details for remote learning.
- Technology: Students will be provided with a device should they need it. A schedule to obtain devices is forthcoming.
- Curriculum supplies, materials, textbooks and consumables will be prepared for students during the week of August 24. Your child's principal will provide a schedule for pickup within the next few weeks.
- The Pupil Services Department will provide a full complement of services for our students including school counselors, psychologists, mental health specialists and contracted service providers.
- Student schedules and class assignments will be made available the week of August 17. Daily schedules will replicate typical instructional schedules on all grade levels.
- The district will re-evaluate its position every three weeks in hopes of returning students safely to in-person instruction earlier than November 30.
Again, The first day of instruction will remain August 31 for most students. The first day for kindergartners will still be September 8. Click here to view a copy of Thursday's presentation.