Give to Colonial schools through the 2019 CSDEF Annual Campaign, and your donation will count twice!
Firstrust Bank has generously offered to match all donations to the Colonial School District Education Foundation’s Annual Campaign through December 31 — up to $10,000!
Gifts to the Colonial School District Education Foundation go back to Colonial students as:
- STEAM activities and resources
- Professional Development for teachers
- Classroom technology
- Career Readiness experiences
- A level playing field for low-income students who want to participate in sports, clubs and activities
- Innovative teacher ideas that come up during the school year
- And more!
2019-2020 funding areas:
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics)
- Hands-on lessons that motivate students to learn through exploration and experimentation
- Project-based learning that allows students to solve problems and apply new skills and concepts over time
- Interdisciplinary activities that tie multiple subjects together and give students the mental tools to understand how real-world connections are made
- Technology resources to give students a head-start on coding and learning how computers "think"
Leveling the playing fielD
- Hunger doesn't stop when school isn't in session. With more than 20% of Colonial students on free or reduced lunch, the Summer Meals Program provided breakfast and lunch to any children under age 18 in the District who needed it.
- AVID at Colonial Middle School targets students in the academic middle and gives them the tools and support to change "if I go to college" to "when I go to college."
Remember that an investment in the Colonial School District Education Foundation is an investment in the future.
Your donation means that the District can put state-of-the-art tools into children's hands today, so they can begin building, creating, exploring and using technology to solve smaller problems now while preparing them for the bigger challenges they'll face in the future.