For each math unit, you'll find an explanation of the math concepts and strategies that your child is learning, as well as activities that you can do at home that will help strengthen your child's understanding of those concepts. The units are listed in the order that they occur during the school year. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact your child's teacher.Who Is in School Today?
Fun Online Math Resources
- AAA Math: Offers a variety of concepts by grade level and includes a list of additional web-based resources
- Addition Machine: Offers practice finding sums up to double digit
- Arcademic Skill Builders: Offers a variety of games by grade level and concepts
- Cool Math 4 Kids: Offers an amusement park of math and more -- especially designed for kids and FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
- Fun Brain: Offers numbers games for grades K-8 that let your brain explore, collect and compete in a variety of math games!
- Illuminations: Offers a library of 104 online math activities that help to make math come alive in the classroom or at home for grades K-12.
- IXL: Offers a variety of extra practice by grade level and concept
- Place Value: Offers worksheets, flashcards and other educational resources to help develop an understanding of place value.
- Speed Grid Offers timed challenges for students to find 2 numbers whose sum or difference is the given number within an allotted time frame; difficulty increases as move from Challenge 1, to 2, to 3 using larger numbers.
- Stop the Clock: Offers a timed challenge where students have to match the digital time to the analog clock.