The Technology Department works collaboratively with the Curriculum Department to provide cutting-edge tools and support for the 21st Century classroom. Access to technology allows Colonial’s teachers to develop innovative learning environments that speak to the way today’s children learn and helps to ensure that all students have the 21st Century Skills to succeed in a global economy.
With a commitment to helping to turn new technologies into opportunities for education, the Technology Department continually focuses on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the District’s high-tech architecture, processes and structure.
Vision for Technology
- Work as partners with curriculum staff, teachers, parents and the community to enhance student learning
- Integrating cutting-edge technology tools and devices
- Provide avenues for growth and scalability
- Maximize the capacity of all teachers and learners
- Expand global access to information
- Fulfill the curricular needs of all learners
- Develop skills and proficiencies necessary for the 21st Century workforce
- Extend critical thinking skills and foster creativity
- Provide a medium for expression and communication
- Collect, assess and share performance information
- Foster an atmosphere of pride and ethical responsibility