Student Health Services
- Assessing individual student health and developmental status
- Conducting state mandated physicals and screenings (e.g., height, weight, vision, hearing, body mass index and scoliosis)
- Assuring that necessary physical and dental examinations are completed
- Developing health plans for students with health conditions
- Coordinating prevention and control of communicable diseases
- Developing a system of first aid and emergency care
- Participating in health education
- Recommending new and updated health policies
Student Health Services Forms and Documents
Click on the name to access the corresponding document or link.
The Role of School Nurses in the Colonial School District
Certified School Nurses (CSN) are responsible for the state mandated health services in the Colonial School District schools. They are registered nurses with baccalaureate degrees and additional educational requirements. They are certified by the Department of Education and have extensive backgrounds in school health, health education, counseling and the use of community resources.
In addition to state mandated responsibilities, the School Nurse is actively involved in Child Study Teams, Student Assistant Teams, crisis intervention and assisting students to recognize and address a variety of health problems.
School Nurse Contact Information
Click on the nurse's name to send an email.
610-828-0362, ext. 5002
Ridge Park Elementary
Colonial Middle School
Plymouth Whitemarsh High School