Student Assistance Program
Are worried about your child's:
The Student Assistance Program (SAP) can help.
- What is the Student Assistance Program (SAP)?
- How does my child become involved in the SAP program?
- Contact your school's SAP program
In Pennsylvania, every school district is required to have a plan for identifying and assisting students who experience barriers to learning.
In the Colonial School District, a SAP team (also called the CARE team at the high school) is available to help you access school and community services for your child. We do not diagnose, treat or refer your child for treatment. We will provide you with information, and you make the choice(s) that best fit your needs and wishes. As the parent/guardian, you are an important part of the team.
The SAP team and the school will respect you and your child's privacy at all times.
- Anyone can refer a child to the SAP team.
- Some students are referred by teachers or other school personnel.
- A friend or family member can also let the SAP team know that they are worried about someone.
- The child can even go directly to the SAP team or their guidance counselor to ask for help.
Schools will gather information to determine how a student is doing in their classes. However, the SAP team will not proceed unless you give your written parent permission. Once permission is received, the team will work with you to develop a plan of action to help your child achieve success in school. Participation in the program is voluntary.
Contact your child's guidance counselor for more information or to refer your child to SAP. If you don't know your child's guidance counselor, simply call the school's main number listed below, and you'll be directed to the appropriate person.
Plymouth Whitemarsh High School
- Jeff Blizzard, ext. 1922
- Lisa Genovese, ext. 1923
- Peggy Wisniewski, ext. 1924
- M.J. Grourke, ext. 1925
Colonial Middle School
- Matthew Doroshow, ext. 7165
- Ginny Simonetti, ext. 7167
- Ann Carracappa, ext. 7169
Colonial Elementary School
- Susan Ferst, ext. 2229
- Trish Rocchino, ext. 2222
Conshohocken Elementary School
- Chris Rusciolelli, ext. 5106
Plymouth Elementary School
- Julie Rothermel, ext. 6009
Ridge Park Elementary School
- Susan Mayson, ext. 4004
Whitemarsh Elementary School
- Kim Nardo, ext. 3105