Compulsory Attendance and Cumulative Lawful Absence
Recent changes in the Pennsylvania laws regarding compulsory attendance and cumulative absence have been implemented in the Colonial School District. It is mandatory for all children of compulsory school age, who have a legal residence in Pennsylvania, to attend school every day. Considered as lawful absences are student illness, family emergency, religious holidays, medical or dental appointments and educational travel with prior approval of the principal. A written excuse from the parent is required explaining the reason for the absence.
A maximum of ten (10) days of cumulative lawful absences, verified by written parental notification, may be permitted during a school year. Included in the 10 days are any family educational trips receiving approval. All absences beyond ten (10) cumulative days require a written excuse from a physician.
Further information about these changes can be found in the student/parent handbooks or the District brochure, “Compulsory Attendance and Truancy Elimination Plan”, which is located in the links in the right column on this page.
Click on the name to go to the corresponding online form.
Plymouth Whitemarsh High School
- Plymouth Whitemarsh High School Absence Note
- Plymouth Whitemarsh High School Educational Trip Request (Note: PWHS students need to print the form and have it signed by all of their teachers.)
- Plymouth Whitemarsh High School Early Dismissal
- Plymouth Whitemarsh High School Tardy/Lateness Form
Colonial Middle School
- Colonial Middle School Absence Note
- Colonial Middle School Educational Trip Request
- Colonial Middle School Early Dismissal
- Colonial Middle School Tardy/Lateness Form
- Colonial Elementary Absence Note
- Colonial Elementary Educational Trip Request
- Colonial Elementary Dismissal Change Form
- Conshohocken Elementary Absence Note
- Conshohocken Elementary Educational Trip Request
- Conshohocken Elementary Dismissal Change Form
- Plymouth Elementary Absence Note
- Plymouth Elementary Educational Trip Request
- Plymouth Elementary Dismissal Change Form
Ridge Park Elementary
- Ridge Park Elementary Absence Note
- Ridge Park Elementary Educational Trip Request
- Ridge Park Elementary Dismissal Change Form
- Whitemarsh Elementary Absence Note
- Whitemarsh Elementary Educational Trip Request
- Whitemarsh Elementary Dismissal Change Form
If you'd like to print any of these forms to complete and send in to school with your child, click here.