The Colonial School District has adopted a 1:1 Technology initiative. That means that each student in the District will have a device exclusively for their use.
While most of these devices will be provided by the District, high school and middle school students have the option to "Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).
Benefits of 1:1 Technology
- It equalizes student access to technology.
- It allows for better student engagement.
- It helps teachers customize learning to student needs.
- It prepares students for college and career.
1:1 Technology is particularly important during remote learning. However when they're able to return to the classroom, each student will continue to have one assigned device.
Devices by grade
- Kindergarten and first graders will receive IPads.
- Second and third graders will receive laptops.
- Grades 4-12 will receive Chromebooks.
- Students in some high school programs will receive a more powerful device.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Acer Chromebook 715
- Acer Swift 7
- Apple MacBook Air
- Dell XPS 13
- Dell XPS 15
- Google Pixelbook Go
- HP Envy 13t
- HP Spectre x360 13 inch
- Latitude 3310 Laptop for Education
- Lenovo Yoga C940
- Lenovo Yoga Chromebook C630
- Microsoft Surface
- Microsoft Surface Book
- Microsoft Surface Laptop
Hardware for CAD:
- Dell Precision Mobile Workstation
- HP ZBook
- Lenovo Thinkpad P53