A FREE evidence-based, virtual program for families with children ages 10-14 by the Child Guidance Resource Center.
What is the program?
Strengthening Families Program is a 7-session, virtual, evidence-based parenting skills, children's social skills, and family life skills program specifically designed for families. Both parents and children participate to improve parenting skills and family relationships, reduce problem behaviors, delinquency and alcohol and drug abuse in children, and improve social skills and school performance.
How does it work?
Families and children meet over Zoom and explore a variety of topics to enhance connection, decrease stress, prevent substance abuse, and build resilience.
- The group meets Wednesdays from 6-8 pm beginning March.
- Children and parent groups meet separately from 6-7 pm
- The families will meet together from 7-7:45 pm.
- Dinner will be provided and delivered each week.
Topics covered include:
- Peer pressure resistance
- Reducing stress
- Finding family values
- Better communication skills
- Problem solving
- Goal setting
- Understanding each other better
Five Protective Factors to be developed (The program is proven to help with):
- Parental resilience
- Social Connections
- Knowledge of parenting and child development
- Concrete support in times of need
- Social and emotional competence of children
Benefits to families:
You will learn how to express love while setting appropriate limits, how to listen and connect with your child, and how to help all family members show appreciation for one another.
How to sign up?
Parents can sign up by e-mailing Sarah Messina. Click here to send an e-mail to Sarah.
Questions? Email Sarah at the link provided above or call (484) 450-6266