2023 Summer Reading
Click on the title below to access the Summer Reading List for that grade level.
- Entering Grades 1-3 Recommended Summer Reading List
- Entering Grade 4 Summer Reading Lists
- Entering Grade 5 Summer Reading Lists
- Click here for some strategies you can use to encourage your elementary child to read at home.
- Learning A to Z (RAZ Plus) will support your children both in and outside of the classroom. Students using the program will have access to ebooks matched to their reading levels and quizzes for each text. Click here to log in to Learning A to Z.
- Entering Grade 6 Summer Reading List
- Entering Grade 7 Summer Reading List
- Entering Grade 8 Summer Reading List
- Click here for some strategies you can use to encourage your middle school child to read at home.
- Entering Grade 9 Summer Reading List
- Entering Grade 10 Summer Reading List
- Entering Grade 11 Summer Reading List
- Entering Grade 12 Summer Reading List
- AP Language and Composition Summer Reading
- AP Literature and Composition Summer Reading
Optional Summer Skill Practice for PWHS students. Click on your "Class of" Canvas page listed below and select a green link titled "Click here for Summer Skill Practice." Here, students can access English and Math Summer Skill Builders that focus on key topics that each include an Introduction, Review and Practice, Review and Practice Answers, and a Self-Assessment.
- Class of 2023 (Entering 12th grade)
- Class of 2024 (Entering 11th grade)
- Class of 2025 (Entering 10th grade)
- Class of 2026 (Entering 9th grade)
If you are having difficulty finding and acquiring a text for summer reading, please click here to email Lori Jolley in the Curriculum Department.