Points of Pride
- For the second year in a row, Colonial's teachers were named the best teachers in Montgomery County and in the top 100 districts nationwide for 2022 according to Niche.com.
- PWHS is considered to be among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania according to the annual rankings released by US News & World Report and recognized as one of the top five best public high school in Montgomery County by Main Line Today.
- PWHS was named a Top STEM High School by Newsweek for 2020. In Colonial’s STEAM Culture, teachers from all grade levels help students build a foundation in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math while developing creativity and critical thinking in all subject areas.
- Plymouth Whitemarsh High School's 363 seniors received diplomas at a live commencement ceremony in June 2022. One hundred twenty-five class members graduated with a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 or higher. Eighty-four percent are continuing their education four- or two-year colleges. Five students are entering the military.
- The 2022 undefeated PWHS Girls Basketball team ran a 34-0 record, winning the Suburban One League Liberty Division, Suburban One League, and PIAA District One titles on their way to becoming 2022 PIAA 6-A State Champions.
- Conshohocken Elementary school was recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Division of Federal Programs as a Title I Distinguished School for the 2018-2019 school year. The honor places CE among the top five percent of high achieving Title I schools.
- Colonial students traditionally fare well in state and national competitions. In the past six years, District students have won eight first-place trophies at the Technology Student Association National Conference.
- Unique block schedules at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School and Colonial Middle School provide students and teachers with ample time to explore material and topics in depth each day.
- With average class sizes of 18-23 and a 13-to-1 student-teacher ratio, Colonial’s intimate classrooms allow for a strong dedication to one-on-one and small group differentiated instruction.
- Nearly 93 percent of Colonial School District teachers have at least a master's degree.
- The CSD’s nationally recognized Master Teacher Program provides leadership and career ladder opportunities and is now in its second decade. More than six dozen teachers have earned Master Teacher status since the program began in 2001.
- Moody’s ranks CSD among the most financially stable school districts in Pennsylvania with a Aaa rating. Colonial is one of just seven school districts in the Commonwealth to have an Aaa rating.
- Colonial continues to maintain the third lowest tax rate in Montgomery County.