The Conshohocken Bears 7u, under 65-pound, football team recently brought home medals, a team trophy and plenty of memories of winning a national title in Virginia.
Points of Pride
The Colonial School District ranks among the best public school districts in the Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware region. For our high school students, participation rates and achievement on Advanced Placement exams and National College Entrance Assessments are higher than state, national and global averages. Elementary and middle school students score among the best in Montgomery County and Pennsylvania on state assessments.
- The Washington Post ranks PWHS among the top four percent of high schools in Pennsylvania and the top 10 percent in the nation. The Post bases its ranking on participation in AP classes and achievement on AP examinations.
- Plymouth Whitemarsh High School (PWHS) is again considered to be among the top high schools in Pennsylvania and the nation according to the annual rankings released by US News & World Report and The Washington Post. US News rates PWHS among the top four percent of public high schools in Pennsylvania and well within the top 10 percent of the 20,487 schools nationwide considered for the rankings.
- PWHS was named a Top STEM High School by Newsweek for 2020. In Colonial’s STEAM Culture, teachers from all grade levels help students build a foundation in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math while developing creativity and critical thinking in all subject areas.
- Three hundred and seventy-one Plymouth Whitemarsh High School (PWHS) seniors received their diplomas at commencement ceremonies on June 12. More than one third of the class, or 37 percent, graduated with a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 or higher. More than 86 percent are continuing their education, 71.7 percent at a four-year school and 14.8 percent at a two-year school.
- The PWHS Class of 2019 also included seven students recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation as Commended Scholars. Members of the class are receiving scholarships and grants totaling nearly $ 18.4 million over four years.
- Conshohocken Elementary school was recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Division of Federal Programs as a Title I Distinguished School for the 2018-2019 school year. The honor places CE among the top five percent of high achieving Title I schools based on four Annual Measurable Objectives.
- PWHS offers more Advanced Placement courses than most public and private high schools in the region. In May 2019, 336 PWHS students participated in 630 AP exams. More than ninety percent earned a score of 3.0 or higher.
- Colonial students traditionally fare well in state and national competitions. In the past five years, District students have won eight first-place trophies at the Technology Student Association National Conference.
- Colonial was chosen to be featured in a PBS video that highlights the implementation of its K-6 Computer Science curriculum. Segments were shot at Ridge Park Elementary School, Plymouth Elementary School and Colonial Middle School.
- Unique block schedules at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School and Colonial Middle School provide students and teachers with ample time to explore material and topics in depth each day.
- With average class sizes of 18-23 and a 13-to-1 student-teacher ratio, Colonial’s intimate classrooms allow for one-on-one and small group differentiated instruction.
- Nearly 93 percent of Colonial School District teachers have at least a master's degree.
- The CSD’s nationally recognized Master Teacher Program provides leadership and career ladder opportunities and is now in its second decade. More than six dozen teachers have earned Master Teacher status since the program began in 2001.
- Moody’s ranks CSD among the most financially stable school districts in Pennsylvania with a Aaa rating. Colonial is one of just seven school districts in the Commonwealth to have an Aaa rating.
- Colonial has a real estate tax millage rate of 22.772, the third lowest in Montgomery County.
- Colonial was named a Best Community For Music by the National Association of Music Merchants Foundation for the fourth straight year.
Ridge Park Elementary School first grader was inspired to dance by The Nutcracker and now will perform it with the Donetsk Ballet of Ukraine.
The Plymouth Elementary third grader practices ice skating four to six times a week and recently joined Philadelphia Symmetry, a synchronized ice skating team.
The PWHS sophomore was the first of more than 200 runners across the finish line in the Brad Fox Memorial 5K Foundation's Annual Fox Trot.
Colonial Middle School seventh grader performs as a member of the Junior Soulmates Dance Team for the Philadelphia Soul Arena Football team.