Student gets unique opportunity to compete nationally in the MLB's Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
Points of Pride
- PWHS is considered to be among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania according to the annual rankings released by US News & World Report and recognized as the fourth best public high school in Montgomery County by Main Line Today.
- PWHS was named a Top STEM High School by Newsweek for 2020. In Colonial’s STEAM Culture, teachers from all grade levels help students build a foundation in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math while developing creativity and critical thinking in all subject areas.
- Nearly 400 Plymouth Whitemarsh High School (PWHS) seniors received diplomas at a live commencement ceremony in June 2021. One hundred twenty-five class members graduated with a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 or higher. Eighty-five percent are continuing their education four- or two-year colleges. Nine students are entering the military.
- The PWHS Class of 2021 also included two National Merit Finalists and 131 Advanced Placement (AP) Scholars. Members of the class are receiving scholarships and grants totaling more than $14 million.
- Conshohocken Elementary school was recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Division of Federal Programs as a Title I Distinguished School for the 2018-2019 school year. The honor places CE among the top five percent of high achieving Title I schools.
- Colonial students traditionally fare well in state and national competitions. In the past six years, District students have won eight first-place trophies at the Technology Student Association National Conference.
- Unique block schedules at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School and Colonial Middle School provide students and teachers with ample time to explore material and topics in depth each day.
- With average class sizes of 18-23 and a 13-to-1 student-teacher ratio, Colonial’s intimate classrooms allow for one-on-one and small group differentiated instruction.
- Nearly 93 percent of Colonial School District teachers have at least a master's degree.
- The CSD’s nationally recognized Master Teacher Program provides leadership and career ladder opportunities and is now in its second decade. More than six dozen teachers have earned Master Teacher status since the program began in 2001.
- Moody’s ranks CSD among the most financially stable school districts in Pennsylvania with a Aaa rating. Colonial is one of just seven school districts in the Commonwealth to have an Aaa rating.
- Colonial continues to maintain the third lowest tax rate in Montgomery County.
The Plymouth Whitemarsh High School sophomore will compete on the TV reality show this summer, displaying strength, courage and skill as she navigates the show's challenging obstacle course.
During the pandemic, the Colonial Elementary School fifth grader learned new skill and turned it into a business that gives back to the community.
The Colonial Middle School sixth grader used her free time during the pandemic to start Baking A Difference, a nonprofit organization that donates all proceeds from its baked goods to charity.
Plymouth Whitemarsh High School Junior wrote award-winning short story to earn $500 prize and an e-book publishing contract.
PWHS Junior released his first album on streaming services such as Spotify and Apple Music. Read more about it in this article by Marisa Sloan, PWHS Class of 2021.