Volunteer Application and Clearance Links
As a result of Pennsylvania laws, all volunteers must complete a volunteer application and upload clearances. Click on the bulleted text below to access the corresponding link.
- Volunteer Application
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Background Check*
*Please note that if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application, you may sign a waiver in lieu of obtaining the FBI Background Check. This waiver is included as part of the application packet. If you require an FBI Background Check, please use code 1KG6XN and choose "Digital Fingerprinting" as the service when registering on the IdentoGO website.
- I already have clearances from my work with another organization. May I submit these to my child's school in order to volunteer?
- I don't remember how old my clearances are. How can I find out?
- If I am visiting a school, do I need to get my clearances done?
- How much do the clearances cost?
- My criminal history clearance and child abuse clearance reports are both under five years old. Do I still need to obtain the FBI criminal history record report?
- I am not familiar with the FBI criminal history record report. How do I obtain this?
- If we already have clearances on file with the District, do we still need to have our licenses scanned?
- Why do we have to get new clearances every five years?