PWHS will host a special Admissions Open House for students in 7th and 8th grade on the evening of Thursday, December 14, 2017. As you explore the many secondary school options available to you, we hope you will consider one of the best schools in the Philadelphia region. The program will begin in the Plymouth Whitemarsh High School (PWHS) new Cafeteria at 7:00 p.m. and will include building tours and opportunities to meet and talk with PWHS staff and students.
Recognized by U.S. News & World Report & The Washington Post , PWHS offers high quality, well-rounded educational, athletic and social experiences that will ensure your child is college and career ready. Some of the many benefits and value-added programs at PWHS include:
- Exemplary Faculty – All teachers participate in high quality professional development with a clear focus on best practices in teaching and learning.
- Small Class Sizes – The average class size in PWHS, depending on course offering, is 20-23. Some classes are even lower, especially for 9th graders.
- Superior Academics – PWHS offers over 25 Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Over 40 additional honors-level courses provide a diverse array of options.
- Innovative Technology – PWHS classrooms are outfitted with state of the art technology and devices. Additionally, we offer a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program with our students and staff.
- College Counseling – In addition to six school and community counselors, we are fortunate to maintain a college counselor specifically dedicated to assist students in mapping a course for their future.
- Superior Facilities and Campus – The high school has a state of the art science wing and a beautiful library/media center. The PWHS renovation project has provided comfortable modern instruction areas that promote "learning communities" throughout the building. Renovations are completed and look amazing!
- Involvement: A rich tradition in athletics and also more than 70 clubs and activities, including community service, the arts, academics, student government, cultural awareness and more.
If you plan to attend the Admissions Open House, please let us know by calling Mrs. Maria Hahn, Administrative Assistant, at 610-825-1500, ext. 1902. You may also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you at our Admissions Open House on December 14th!