The front entrance to Plymouth Whitemarsh High School will remain closed for renovations through September.
Travel with CITV on a short tour of the "Renovation Innovations" at PWHS. Click here to watch a video!
The Colonial School District hosted a ribbon cutting ceremony and open house on March 4 for Phase I of the Plymouth Whitemarsh High School (PWHS) renovation project.
After more than 60 years of service to the community Plymouth Whitemarsh High School will be undergoing a major renovation with construction starting in 2015. The majority of the high school was built in 1952 and last saw extensive upgrades in the late 1980s. The three-story east wing of the building, including the swimming pool and east cafeteria, has not been reconditioned since its construction in 1961.
- Comfortable modern instruction areas that promote "learning communities."
- Improved energy efficient lighting and more opportunities to take advantage of natural light.
- New locker rooms.
- Consolidated cafeteria with outdoor seating.
- Modernized pool area.
- Better climate control, including air conditioning.
- New facade that improves security and handicapped accessibility.
- Updated plumbing and electrical systems.